THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING
Employee Health software is an emerging and exciting area of development, with companies like My Occ Health Record helping employers use modern technology to drive better health results across their business.
A great example of how this works comes from Sandy, a Health, Safety and Wellbeing Manager at a large food processing company in Australia. Sandy joined the business about two years ago, and has spent the time since joining improving the health and safety culture of the business, putting in place systems and processes, and building the credibility of the health and safety organisation.
“Now I’m ready to take the next step,” Sandy declares. “The business has tripled in the last two years and the infrastructure just can’t keep up. Now’s my chance to put in place a platform that positions us for the future.”
Like many businesses, Sandy has a range of different suppliers providing different employee health services, and that suits her fine … mostly.
“The problem is two-fold: First, I have lots of different spreadsheets to keep track of the different activities and the different providers; that’s a hassle. Second, I have no way of combining all those different data points into a single source of truth, either for one employee or the group as a whole.”
At 3,000 employees, the business isn’t huge, but it is distributed across production sites and distribution centres. And while not large, the complexity of the task is significant.
With My Occ Health Record in place, Sandy will reinvent the entire process and system.
• By connecting all her service providers into the same system, Sandy can amalgamate all the data into one place. She can look at what is happening for a specific individual or look across populations within the business.
• In digitising all the health data inputs, she eliminates paper from the process, as well as having to key in data, data-entry errors, and deal with missing data. All of this is a big administrative cost and hassle removed.
• Importantly, by managing all the programmes from within MOHR, the individual tests and assessments are standardised across the business. No matter who delivers the service – the current providers, a new provider, or even an internal occ health nurse – the process and data captured is the same. She can now look at longitudinal data over time, something that is immensely hard for her now.
Employee Health software is an emerging and exciting development area, with companies like My Occ Health Record helping employers use modern technology to drive better health results across their business
• When she creates her internal workflows, Sandy will be able to automate tasks and activities that the team currently do manually. Reminders when assessments are due, updates from providers, making sure that regular assessments aren’t missed; all of this takes time and can now be automated.
• Most of all, Sandy will be in control of the data going forward. By owning the employee health data and storing it safely in one central location, the business can decrease risk, increase oversight, and drive better health and safety results.
Sandy’s calculations show she will save significantly in improved efficiencies, lower administrative costs and fewer errors. She also predicts fewer injuries, leading to fewer claims, and lowered premiums.
But she is most excited about feeling in control. MOHR technology will help her run her area more intelligently and effectively, and will allow the business to triple again without having to add significantly more infrastructure and resources. And that just feels good.